Each day when you arrive home from work you sift through the stack of mail that has arrived, and are almost certain to come across a piece of direct mail.
Whether it’s from one of your favorite stores or a local business trying to reach a wider audience with an offer, there’s bound to be a direct mail piece that you save for consideration or a future purchase.
Unlike the quick daily skim of your email promotions, direct mail is tangible and something to consider. Even if it’s not something you are interested in, another member of your household may be. That’s the undeniable power of physical mail.
Considering a direct mail campaign? Here are some surprising facts about the effectiveness of direct mail:
- In 2016, a Household Diary Study determined that direct mail response rates for ages 18-21 doubled, despite the misconception that print channels only work for older audiences. Statistical Fact Book, Data & Marketing Association – 2017.
- In 2017, a Direct Marketing Association study reflected that direct mail response rates had surged to 5.1 percent during 2012-2017, compared to 3.4 percent in 2012. Statistical Fact Book, Data & Marketing Association – 2017.
- Over 84% of consumers are more likely to open mail if it’s personalized with a custom offer. Five Ways to Spice Up Your Direct Mail Marketing – 2017.
- Since the launch of the USPS Informed Delivery program, a service that allows you to preview your mail for the day, more than 12 million users have signed up with a 72.5 percent open rate. The standard open rate for email is approximately 20 percent. Gary Reblin, VP Product Innovation, USPS.
- In regard to tracking results of direct mail campaigns, marketers can use varying codes, trackable phone numbers or custom URLs to test offers and response rates. These innovations have allowed for deep consumer engagement.
Direct mail has become more powerful than ever before. Isn’t it time you spoke with the direct mail experts at Kingston Printing to begin your next campaign? Contact us today to get started.