If you’d like to place an order and don’t have an Ordering Portal, feel free to reach out to your sales representative or by contacting our customer service team at email@example.com or by chatting in through our live chat tool. Just tell them what you’re looking for, including the type of product you’re interested in, along with your product specifications including size, quantity, paper stock, etc.
For orders not placed within an Ordering Portal, you will typically receive 4 emails:
- Email 1: Your Quote - This email you will receive if you have requested a quote and will be regarding your quote details along with the next steps.
- Email 2: Your Order Confirmation - This email is your order confirmation and will include your order details and next steps including a link to upload your art files and/or mailing files.
- Email 3: Your Proof - This third email is to notify you that your proof is ready for review and will include a link for you to login in and view your proof where you can approve it or upload updated files if needed.
- Email 4: Your Job Invoice & Summary - Once your order has been completed you will receive a job invoice and summary email.
Preparing Your Art Files
Here are a few things to keep in mind when getting your printed design ready. For a more in-depth overview, visit our “Art/Docs Prep” page.
- Bleeds: Extend background and design elements 1/8” from the edge of page.
- Margins: Keep text and images 1/8” inside from the edge of page.
- Image Resolution: Image resolution should be at least 300dpi.
- Size: Pages in design software need to be the same size as your desired product.
- Color: Design needs to be in CMYK. We will automatically change art if uploaded in RGB and will notify you of this change within your proof notes.
- PDF: Download your designs in PDF format with bleed included. This will make your PDF around 0.25" larger for length and width.
- Folds: For folded materials like brochures, make sure designs account for the fold line.
- Page Count: For multi-paged materials, make sure pages are designed in order.
Proofs & Turnaround Time
For projects that do require approval of a proof—for example, customers who do not have a portal in place—your project's turnaround time begins after you have approved your proof.
Electronic proofs are free PDF versions of your final product and are the most popular and recommended types of proofs.
Once you have uploaded your art files, you will soon receive an email within 1-8 business hours letting you know that your proof is ready to view.
You can click on the link provided in the email to navigate to your proof or in the top right-hand corner of our website, click on the dropdown titled “Your Account” and then click on “Your Jobs” to log in and view your orders. Any order that has a proof ready to review will have a button that reads “View Proof.” By clicking on this button, you can then open your electronic proof and choose to approve or opt to upload new art files if there are any issues with your proof. We will include notes on any errors or changes we made including adding bleed or switching your project from RGB to CMYK color model but please double-check everything is to your liking before approving your proof.
Once you have approved your electronic proof, your project's turnaround time begins.
Contract proofs are physical copies of your printed material. For this type of proof, we will ship your proof to you which is typically sent the same day or 1-2 business days depending on your materials. You’ll then need to ship your contract proof back to us to move your order into production. There is an extra charge for contract proofs which is indicated in the checkout process.
Once you receive your contract proof, you must ship your proof back to us, and once we receive it your turnaround time will begin.