The ability to quickly and easily connect with consumers through online marketing automation platforms has proven to be game-changing. Yet the growing prevalence of digital noise has made using automated emails alone difficult to successfully engage with consumers.
That is why businesses are finding that integrating direct mail into their marketing automation is creating the edge needed for them to stand out from the crowd and connect with consumers on a higher level.
Traditionally direct mail wasn’t used like it is today. Although it has always been a proven marketing strategy, it was expensive and inaccessible due to the process of printing and mailing that had to be in bulk. It was also considered slow and manual—in contrast to today’s direct mail marketing strategies.
A lot has changed in the 21st century to create more affordable mailing, and marketers are finding direct mail is more effective than ever before when implemented into their marketing automation.
What is Direct Mail Automation?
Direct mail automation, or Direct Mail CRM Integration, is an advanced solution that allows you to add direct mail as a touchpoint in your CRM sales or marketing platform to send direct mail as easily as an email.
It combines the advanced technology of CRM workflows with proven and effective direct mail marketing. It harnesses your customer data within your business’s marketing system and creates dynamic and easy-to-send mailers.
Direct mail automation helps CRM users interact with their audience in a way that:
- Builds stronger customer relationships
- Engages with prospects on a higher level
- Bypasses online clutter that comes with email and other digital marketing efforts
- Increases overall company ROI
- Helps them standout from their competitors in a powerful way
How Does Direct Mail Automation Work?
All you have to do to get started is install an app into your CRM platform which your printer will provide and send your art files to your printer.
Once you’re setup, you can:
- Send a postcard to any contact, lead, or company with the click of a single button.
- Automatically send postcards based on events or actions. For example, send a “Welcome” postcard when you onboard a new customer, or a “Miss You” mailer if it’s been more than 90 days between orders.
- Triggers can be combined with your existing marketing campaign to align with emails, phone calls, etc.
- Technology even allows you to track delivery and responses.
Automating Intelligently With Integrated Direct Mail
Adding direct mail into your marketing automation allows you to send on-demand and event-driven direct mail campaigns with just a few clicks and as easy as sending your automated emails.
Because in the past direct mail marketing was considered challenging it is important to note that direct mail is no longer: expensive, badly targeted, unable to be tracked, inaccessible, and sluggish. In fact, with solutions like direct mail automation, sending out direct mail is the complete opposite.
On-Demand Direct Mail Automation
On-demand print capabilities within your direct mail automation, allow you to send a single direct mail piece to anyone within your CRM marketing platform just as easy as sending them an email. All you do is:
- Select any recipient you would like to reach
- Choose and configure your design
- And press "send"
Triggered Direct Mail Automation
If you use your CRM platform for sales or marketing purposes, you are probably already triggering emails to be sent. With those emails though, you aren’t getting the response rates you could be getting if you were also using direct mail.
Direct mail is a time-tested marketing channel that generates proven and substantial return on investment. Pairing direct mail with your marketing automation, creates strong brand awareness and increases ROI.
You can set up triggered, event-driven direct mail pieces or drip campaigns that can be sent as part of your marketing strategy when:
- A specific email is sent to a contact
- If an email receives no response
- When someone becomes a new customer
- If there is a special event within your marketing campaign
- When a contact hasn't been reached in a while
Traceable Direct Mail
Along with delivery tracking you can also track responses by adding a unique URL, phone number, QR code, or email address so anyone who visits, calls or emails using your custom information and contact, you know they engaged with your direct mail piece.
Never before has it been so easy to send direct mail and now you can send direct mail just as easily as an email from within your CRM! If you are interested in increasing your success with direct mail automation, click the button below and visit our Direct Mail CRM Integration page to learn more and schedule a meeting today!
Schedule A Meeting Today!